What is “Your Child’s Nursing Care”?
The Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital collects patient satisfaction information about our inpatient services. Surveys are randomly distributed to our families that experience inpatient care.
Your Child’s Nursing Care is comprised of the following questions:
- Friendliness/Courtesy of the nurses
- Promptness in responding to the call button
- Nurses’ attitude toward requests
- Amount of attention paid to your and your child’s special or personal needs
- Degree to which nurses kept you informed using language you could understand
- Technical skill of nurses
The survey asks patients and their families to rate the care they received on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being “very good.”
How do we continue to improve Your Child’s Nursing Care?
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care is among our top priorities
- Continuous education is done for all staff related to the Patient and Family Experience
- We commit to listening and partnering with our patients and families every day
How does Your Child’s Nursing Care rate at BMSCH?
In 2016, 94% of the inpatients at BMSCH that completed a survey rated us as a “5” or “Very Good” when asked about their child’s nursing care.