Healthy ME is a family-centered, lifestyle changes program designed to address the medical, emotional and physical issues associated with childhood obesity.
Healthy ME works with children up to age 18 to help them:
- Feel happier and stronger
- Learn new skills and increase physical activity
- Take small steps to develop lifelong healthy habits
- Take ownership of making healthy choices
- Engage all family members in a healthy lifestyle
Healthy ME is a team that works with you and your family to set and achieve goals for living a healthier lifestyle. You choose the pace and the focus. The Healthy ME team provides the tools and support.
What to Expect from Healthy ME
The Application Process
Our program is not current accepting applications.
Prior to scheduling an initial visit, we require that you do the following:
- Download the Healthy Me Patient Packet
- Complete and return the Initial Patient Information Form
- Complete and return the 3 day food recall
- Complete and receive the blood work results*
* Please give the enclosed lab checklist to your referring doctor so that he/she can order the appropriate blood work. (The form provided is not a prescription).
Once the above items are received and reviewed, our scheduler will be contacting you to schedule an appointment for a comprehensive initial evaluation. We would like you to arrive 20 minutes before your appointment in order to process your insurance information.
Initial Individual Visit
During your first visit to the clinic, you will meet with the members of the Healthy ME team to:
- Review your medical and personal history
- Evaluate your readiness and motivation for the program
- Review what to expect from the program
- Collect baseline information about your health through forms and measurements
- Set initial lifestyle change goals
After your initial visit, you will attend three group sessions. Group sessions will:
- Build a foundation for future individual goals
- Offer important nutrition education
- Provide strategies for dealing with challenges
- Serve as an opportunity to meet other families working on similar lifestyle changes
Individual follow-up appointments
Once you have completed 3 group sessions, you will transition into individual appointments with the Healthy ME team. During these appointments, we will:
- Monitor comorbidities
- Track your progress on previous goals
- Set new goals
- Address challenges that may arise
- Offer education and resources to support your individual goals
Making healthy changes takes time, patience, and practice. The Healthy ME team will work with you to set small achievable goals that will add up to important lifestyle change. We will focus on adding positive things to your life rather than restricting negatives. Examples of goals include eating more vegetables, drinking more water, being more physically active, and being aware of your hunger.
Making too many changes at once can be overwhelming and unsustainable. We will break down each goal into small, measureable steps along the way. This philosophy is portrayed in a humorous fashion in the movie, “What About Bob?”
It is essential for your whole family to work together to adopt healthy habits. Making lifestyle changes is much easier when you have a team to keep you accountable. Remember, a healthy lifestyle is important no matter your size.
At Healthy ME we won’t give you a prescription for a healthier life, we will empower you to decide why making changes is important to you and what changes are a priority in your life based on your personal values and goals.
Cancelation/No Show Policy
Due to the high demand for this program, we need to maintain a strict cancellation and no show policy. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please give us at least 48 hours’ notice. If you do not show or cancel consecutive appointments, you will be dismissed from the program.